Wednesday, February 25, 2009

really.... did that really happen?

Last night as Pearl and I arrived home from school we divided up what needed to be done so we could get to sleep as quickly as possible.  Since the temperature was below freezing Pearl took the inside chores and the more insulated of the two did the outside trash run (aka that’s me).

I walked down the side of the house, through our side gate, retrieved the first trash can and began my annoying wheel rumbling trek towards the street.  As I passed through our side gate I noticed some frozen water next to the house.

Humm? What could that be? I thought for a second, but then the cold snapped me back into reality and I continued on my way to the street.

I dropped the first can off and returned for the second, all the while still trying to figure out what the mysterious water was from. 

Now I was confused, and a little concerned.  The moon light reflected off the frozen stream, directing me back to it’s traveled course.  Eight feet of flow water about a foot from our wall, then a sharp right turn onto our wall, then a frozen mass of water about 3 feet up.  It was too far away from one of our stream pipes, so frozen condensation was out.  It also wasn’t near a faucet, so I couldn’t blame it on dripping pipes. 

I walked passed, letting my foot slip along it’s smooth frozen surface as I pondered it’s existence.

The second trash can was not as full or loud as I rolled it back towards the street.  As I sat the second can in it’s place a brilliant idea came to mind.

SMELL THE FROZEN MYSTERY

I eagerly walked back to my frozen pond of confusion, mapping it’s flow lines once again through the moon light.  After confirming it’s place of origin I moved my nose closer.  Got my face only inches way, placing my nose only a couple of hairs away.  Took a deep inhale analyzing the mixed aromas as they passed through my nasal cavities.

As the reality of what I was inhaling registered in my brain I jerked my head back, opened my eyes wide, and shouted

 

“Someone just pissed on my house!”


 

It's true I promise… I’m still laughing about it this morning. 

Here’s all that was remained after a little morning sun.



6 comments:

Kevin said...

That is awesome, mainly that someone actually stopped to take a leak on your house, but also that you thought to smell it! lol

Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

that just made me laugh.

shawn

Ammon said...

That is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!!!! your a piss sniffer! I'm sitting in my cruiser and just lost it laughing! AWESOME Story man!

Lesson Learned - don't sniff mystery liquids.

Nicole said...

Maybe it was a Great Dane. That'd make it all better, right? ;o)

Cognitive Dissonance said...

It was not me, but the next time I am in the neighborhood I will make sure to mark my territory.