Sunday, February 22, 2009

pictures on a tuesday... oh wait it's Sunday

Ok, So I know that it's not Tuesday, and yes I know that I did post this past Tuesday, but here's the thing I've had some of these pictures sitting on my computer since Wednesday and some since this morning and I just can't wait any longer, I've just gotta post them.


Here's the scoop (sorry in advance for the long post).


Wednesday - I went to a dear friends house to take some pictures of their family.  They recently became parents to an adorable little boy.  Their house is now a bundle of energy as they love and raise their 3 year old daughter as well as their now 3 week old son.  We took some pictures to capture this amazing time of life.


I love these guys deeply, I believe in them and the message of their lives and it was a huge honor to be able to bless them with a couple of pictures.









This morning (Sunday).  Pearl and I rolled out of the house at 6:59 am (not really, it was more like 7:03 but pre 7 am on a weekend sounds more dramatic!).  After a pit-stop at our local Starbucks, for a little but of heaven in a cup, we journeyed to north of Harrisburg.  Our destination was LCBC Harrisburg.  

LCBC is a local church in Lancaster that Pearl and I have committed almost 4 years of our lives to, it's a place like I've never experienced else where.  It's a community of people seeking Jesus and trying to figure out what it means to love him and love the world around them.  It's a church that's not about church but about people, hope, love, justice... sounds a lot like what Jesus was about.  I've seen this community love in amazing ways, and rally together to restore hope, justice and love across this globe.  Each weekend more and more people gravitate towards this, thus why Pearl and I where heading towards Harrisburg.

LCBC Lancaster is now almost 9000 people, that's alot!  They are running out of room, so they are now launching multi-sites where they copy what they are been doing in Lancaster, but now just closer to other people's homes.  So instead of driving an hour to get there, you can drive 15 minutes and get the same heart, quality, and purpose.  That allows more people to experience love, justice and hope, both at the multisite and also the empty seats that were created in Lancaster, it's a win win!

LCBC Harrisburg is quickly reaching a mile stone of being able to finally call a place home, no more trailers with equipment and set up teams!!  But as this dream approaches the reality of the lack of captured moments have became a reality as well, aka someone's not been taking pictures (hey, I like taking pictures, you got a need, I'm able to help.... hummm sounds like common sense to me).  Some of our friends called, told us what was needed, so we went.  so almost 7 hours, 1,500 pictures, and 114 miles of driving we made it back home. After a nap, we edited down to about 300 great shots, here are my personal favorites.













Hope you guys enjoy these shots, but I also hope you have had a truly wonderful weekend.  That you have found the rest needed, the fun longed for, and that you can face a new week with a smile that can't be beat down and a song in your chest that puts a little extra skip in your step.

Peace out from a southern boy, living in the north who's trying to love Jesus, people, and life!
grace and peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm continualy amazed by your photos Matt. -Grace

Nicole said...

Beautiful shots... all of them.