Friday, October 02, 2009

Converse & Chinese food


Here’s another image from the shoot earlier in the week. It’s just sitting on me; like some Chinese food you ate way too much of way too late, but in a good kind of way. You know what I mean, that feeling in the center of your chest that keeps you up at night pondering. Well instead of pondering what it was I just ate (hoping it was chicken)… I’ve been wrestling to pin point what it is in this picture that feels like it connects with where I’m at in life right now.

Is it the movement?

The uncertainty?

The journey?

The excitement of going?

The rawness or realness?

Or just the fact that seconds after snapping the shot those pearly converse were covered in mud, and my cons are covered in mud as well… may be I should just clean them?

Deep…


thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've lost your mind!!!

Anonymous said...

The video came together great. I had a problem with it speeding up as well, but I saw that you were working on it. I went back to watch it again and it was gone. Is there a way to get a copy? Or, if you send it again I will download it. Also, how can I see the pics you took of both girls?
Just so you know, you are a pleasure to work with and you do great work. Look forward to what God is doing in you and Pearl's lives!

Anonymous said...

I would guess the rawness or realness in light of the context in which the pics were taken. The junk in the suitcase and running away. It's pretty heavy stuff.
Lesa