Tuesday, September 16, 2008

yet more tears...

more tears…

This morning as I have been working through emails, blogs and other things that I have been putting off over the past couple of days I found my self sitting here crying. Not just a little welling up of the eyes but the big drops, the drops that mark your shirt, the ones that make you gasp for air, the tears that come from somewhere deep inside.

Here way.

I subscribe to a blog called http://www.boston.com/bigpicture, it’s a photo blog of events from around the world. Some events I’ve heard of, others are new to me, but the events I observed from the comfort of my new ikea chair today pointed to something that moves me, something that seems to make life make sense while at the exact moment throwing it into chaos, it pointed to our heart.

To when our heart hurts and ask “why God why!”

To when our heart cheers and screams “you’re amazing and I’m so proud of you!”

To when our heart just wants to throw our arms around someone and hold them.

To when our hearts are reminded of something beautiful and triumphant.

My heart was moved today…

Here’s some of the pics that moved me, you can see more on the site mentioned above.














2 comments:

Kevin said...

This world of ours is beautifully complex isn't it? Crazy how pictures can be both disheartening and inspiring.

As far as the phone call goes - just give it a shot sometime soon - if I can't talk I'll call you back. High potential for phone tag, but probably the best way.

Joel and Gwen said...

you want to cry? you ought to come to our joy prom. also, that picture of that house reminds me of a parable.