Thursday, September 25, 2008

deep love...

This morning was a beautiful moment for me.

I opened my front to door to begin my daily miniature trek up Pearl st, over to college ave. and finally reached my resting place on Buchanan Ave. just outside of the North Museum for kids, where there’s usually a snake exhibit.

On my walk this morning I slipped on my earbuds, selected some tunes and enjoyed the cool crisp wake up call from Fall.

Kim Walker was the artist of the morning and as I boarded my bus, and was greeted by the nods of other travelers and the smile of our driver and Kim rolling into her recording of “How he loves” I was deeply reminded of how much we are loved by God and how much others need that love.

Reminded of how much he loves me:

To enjoy the beauty of a fall morning - signs of God’s deep love

To see the story of a life lived written in the wrinkles and twinkles of ones eyes and cheeks - signs of God’s deep love

To finally feel the warm embrace of my soul in God’s acceptance and love - signs of God’s deep love.

And then what makes my eyes start to tear up

I am given this, the realization of God’s deep love, not for my selfishness and containment but to extend to others.

So…

May those I cross paths with - feel and see the signs of God’s deep love for them

May the co-workers I clean shelves and floors with feel and see the signs of God’s deep love for them

May the costumers I interact with see and feel the signs of God’s deep love
for them

May those who world I live in, feel and see the signs of God’s deep love for them.

This morning was a reminder of God’s Deep love….

So may I continue to remember, embrace, and extend God’s deep love

1 comment:

Hope said...

this is awesome. funny but my latest post resounded very similar themes, because i walk to work too! Kim Walker is one of my favorites!