Wednesday, September 03, 2008

thoughts from life these days...

Here’s some thoughts from life these days, we just finished building a fence…

1 - When building someone a fence always ask if they just so happen to live next to a rock quarry? If yes, what are their feelings about dynamite?

2 - No matter how raw your nipples get from your cool Carhartt work bibs, never use “extreme Hold” Band-Aids to cover them up, unless you’re wanting a little wax job done.

3 - Never poke fun at your wife’s sawing job while she’s working on her 3rd 13 hour plus day to help you out.

4 - When screwing fence pickets up never do the math to see “just how much is left”. You just don’t need to know how many screws are needed for 500 pickets with 5 screws each

5 - you really can build a fence by flashlight if needed.

6 - a gas auger and Romanian friend can be worth their weight in Gold

7 - and last but not least my Wife is a freakin hoss! And it was amazing to get to work next to her on this project. I’m one lucky husband!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just call Pearl a hoss? And, thanks for the band aid tip, I'll stay away from that scenario.

Kevin said...

I think you did just call Pearl a hoss! Hopefully she doesn't read this post.

Great tips though, I've filed the nipple one away for future use.

joe said...

I find myself without a Romanian friend.