Thursday, September 04, 2008

Things I’m realizing...


I’m sitting at a Starbucks in Hershey realizing that my life is changing and also some other random things.

I’m realizing that Tomorrow I will go to “work” but instead of driving to the building I have called work for the last 3 years, I will drive in the opposite direction and wonder around rt. 30 till I find some hotel designated as our training facility.

I’m realizing a lot of mom’s shop with their kids at the hershey outlets.

I’m realizing that my desire to see lives changed by Christ is still real and active, even if I’m not getting paid to work towards that.

I’m realizing my longing to lead, inspire, teach, and shape is still burning deep inside

I’m realizing my faith really has nothing to do with my paycheck.

I’m realizing the lady who works here likes to complain about life.

I’m realizing that I will soon have 60+ new coworkers to whom I can hopefully help, make smile, share jokes and stories with, and possibly influence their lives towards good.

I’m realizing that the little girl at starbucks sitting across from me is too cute. A backpack with her baby tucked inside, winter boots on a 90 degree day, and some kind of pink cotton dress - simply adorable

I’m realizing the older ladies talking to the cute little girl should not be wearing short biker shorts when not on their bikes - it’s just awkward

I’m also realizing that I love Starbucks “pumpkin spice latte” for a couple of reasons - mainly because it’s a great drink and it’s what I had the night Pearl and I got engaged.

2 comments:

Remnant Sons MC said...

i really like how reflective we get when things change.
good stuff bro.
cant believe it took you this long in life to realize the nipple incedent.

p said...

i freakin love you babe--you're amazing and rock my world!