Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Those guys…


Tonight as I pulled out of the church parking lot a little after 11pm, I reflected about “those guys.” You see, tonight we had a pretty different night at saturate. We pushed aside the normal format and structure of our gatherings and rolled in tables, jars of candy, a soft serve ice cream machine, tiki torches and one of the biggest grills I’ve ever seen and after a time of worship, and reflection hung out and had fun just being together.

But as the festivities pulled to a close and cars started to pull out of the parking lot a grim truth hit home. We had one huge mess to clean up. But as I started to pull away from my conversations to go start the daunting task ahead of me someone was walking towards me, not for small talk or a need, but a question, a great my I add question, they wanted to know where things went. A group had already cleaned up all 29 tables inside, organized the candy, pens, jars etc and where awaiting my direction of where to store them.

What a wonderful surprise!

After the shock wore off I walked back outside to begin yet another grim task of cleaning up, but yet again a group had already started and eagerly waited for direction.

So this blog is dedicated to all of “those guys.” The amazing men and woman who quietly come alongside of you and say “what can I do” then just as quietly run off to fulfill the task.

“those guys” make my job great

“those guys” make ministries thrill

“those guys” truly make the world a better place.

1 comment:

Hope said...

this is sweet... ive seen you often be one of "those guys" : ) Glad to hear that it was coming back around