Saturday, December 05, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow...

I love the snow!

Seriously, I do. Being from Georgia snow was an invitation for all of life as we knew it to stop, heck even the slightest possibility of snow was a cause for all the local grocery stores to sell out of milk, bread and eggs and the real reason to celebrate, for us to skip school! What makes me laugh is that the people mainly buying these things hadn't eaten them in years, plus what are they making? french toast? Is that a tradition I'm unaware of?

Well, for whatever reason whenever it snows now I revert back to being 12; pubescent squeaky voice and all and find myself jumping up and down wanting to go play in it.

My toys have changed a little over the years. So now instead of grabbing anything I might be able to slide on, lunch tray, cardboard box, whatever, I find myself picking up my camera and heading out (and trying really really hard not to slide on them!)

So here's a couple of pictures of tonight's tromping. After being out for ten or so minutes, tired of trying to hold an umbrella and shoot, and the fact my fingers where in too much pain to press shutter button, I had to head back in.

enjoy!

And if you happen to find yourself with some snow this season, let your bad self cut loose and have some fun!

Merry Christmas! Only 20 days to Christmas!!
















2 comments:

Siegrid Cain said...

Oh my, I am a sucker for romantic light. you captured it beautifully!!! happy xmas in 19 days!

melissa said...

hi matt!
I love your photos!
We should try and connect sometime- I would love to meet you and your wife!
-melissa