Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A little Decorating and dinner with Friends

This past Sunday held a tradition that Pearl and I love! The tradition of decorating the house, putting up the tree, and busting out the Christmas CD’s. This year friends joined us in the festivities. I now find myself cozily sitting next to our tree enjoying it’s delightful presence. I simply love having Christmas lights up, there’s something about those tiny white lights welcoming you to the living room. Welcoming you to slow down… to be with those you love, to tell stories of old, and to make some new ones as well.

I love it!

Ps – I asked Pearl to marry me at a Starbucks down in Georgia. After she said yes we purchased that years’ “Starbucks’ Christmas ornament” and have each year purchased another. So when you see the picture of us kissing putting up a red coffee cup ornament, that’s way. It’s silly, but deeply meaningful for us, and just so you know, we now have 6 cups hanging on our tree!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

2 comments:

chaucee said...

What a cute story :)

Deborah S said...

bellis and the lighted ball o lights cracked me up! nice photos!