Wednesday, November 11, 2009

what a family...

We’ve all been around kids that make you ask if you are really sure you want to have kids of your own… don’t worry you’re not the only one with a little chuckle on your face and a kid in your mind. But hopefully we’ve also all meet kids who make you day dream about the day that you have your own. Every now and then I’ll come in contact with a family that simple is a delight to be with, where I totally lose track of the time and just soak in the seconds as the roll on.

Well, a couple of weeks ago I had such an experience. The Johnson family was truly a delight to photograph. The parents getting parenting, and set boundaries for their boys yet still allowed the boys to fully be boys, I hope I can do that one day. And because of these killer parents, the boys, well… they where just a blast.

Scott is an up and coming artist. We talked about the different forms he expresses himself through, and just between us I think he could be a slamming photographer. He had loads of great ideas for angles, and locations and props, he was like Niagria falls but instead of water he gushed out ideas. Super fun.

Marc (yes with a “c”) was their younger son, and I think he and I would have had some amazing stick swords fights and monstrous army missions if we were kids together. His mom asked if we could capture the “million faces of Marc”, to which Marc gladly made a million, yes literally a million, I counted, faces at me. It was awesome.

Here are a couple of my favorites pictures, form one of my new favorite families.

ps – I blogged a little about how the Johnson's pictures made my heart happy a couple of days ago. Here's the link


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments: