Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a family I respect.

Pj and Megan were one of the first friends Pearl and I made when we moved to PA. Megan is a quiet gentle spirit that makes you feel like the world is a little better when you’re near her, no wonder she makes a great nurse. And PJ… well… he confuses me. I know PJ as a fun loving, thoughtful, reflective thinker who deeply loves others and his faith, yet I know his job is one that requires him to be level of tough and force that I just have trouble picturing him being. So, I guess I write that to say I deeply respect the man for being able to enter into tough environments with truly terrible situations and yet come home to his friends and family and be describe by adjectives that would never fit where he had just left. He has learned the fine art of leaving work at work and knowing how to pick up love and gentleness when he’s around family and friends. The two of them also demonstrate what commitment, giving, and serving others look like in a way that I only hope to be able to. They both have full time jobs, an amazing little girl, yet they both volunteer for what could be considered a full to part time role leading LCBC Harrisburg’s youth program. Simply an amazing family.

Well Emma, their adorable little girl was due for some pictures. They asked me to capture her first year and here’s the first of 3 sessions we have planned. She’s a great girl in a great family. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments: