Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Aperture 2...nice program

So I recently "earned" my free copy of Aperture from work.  I say "earned" due to the fact that it was sales based and I'm quickly coming to the position that sales is a lot like fishing, you can have the best "bait, tackle, line, and boat" but if the fish arn't biting, you ain't catch'in.

So all that to say God's been generous with my sales and I've meet (and passed some of) the goals that have been set for us. 

And all that to say I'm now the proud owner of my very own copy of Aperture 2.

Aperture is Apple's professional photo management and editing software.  I installed the program last night and to be honest had my doubts, well until I played with a couple of pictures this afternoon.  

I've attached below the original shot, edited the best I could in iphoto; and below it the edited version form Aperture.  

Let me know what you think.  I'm looking forward to using this to enhance my shots as we move forward.  The adjustments below where done to a picture in a JPEG format, I can't want to start shooting in RAW now!! (I sound like such a dork!)

Original in iphoto

Aperture

4 comments:

Jonathan Sanger said...

did you get a dslr???

JasonFleager said...

Looks cool, but it seems a little to orange. Maybe you were trying for that though.

Kevin said...

All this Mac talk - it confuses us PC users.

I may be purchasing an Apple soon - I'll have to give you a call when I do.

Anonymous said...

Aperture is a pretty awesome program. I wouldn't mind getting a copy myself. I've only played with it briefly.

What are you shooting with?