Friday, October 17, 2008

I saw what I saw

Today I came across this video on a friends blog. 

 

The words of the song are ripping at me because for whatever reason God has allowed…

 

…my eyes to see the faces of those feeling the hunger pains of poverty

…my ears to hear the stories of those in unspeakable situations

…my path to cross those waiting to know just what will I do.

 

I unconsciously allow myself to retreat into the clamor “normal” life where we deny and avoid these issues.  Where we are able to live in a comfortable disremembering of these. 

But as the closing verse of this song says;

Your pain has changed me

your dream inspires

your face a memory

your hope a fire

your courage asks me what I'm afraid of

and what I know of love

and what I know of God

 

So as I sit here in my comfortably heated house eating the leftovers of a very filling dinner I have to ask myself,

What do I really know of Love

And in turn, what do I really know of God.

 

1 comment:

Kevin said...

We sure are spoiled aren't we. I just haven't figured out what to do about it yet - let me know if you do.