Monday, July 28, 2008

my top iPhone apps...

Whenever you meet someone who also has an iphone you can almost predict the flow of conversation. It usually starts off with a “how do you like it?” Followed by “how long have you had one?” (This is to size up one’s true commitment to Apple, were they crazy enough to by an original?) Then conversation turns to the new 3G phones, with the most important question of this verbal interchange finally taking place,

“What is your favorite application”

So to all my fellow iphone users out there, here is my answer to this very important question. My Favorite apps are, in no particular order:

AIM – don’t use it enough, but it’s still nice

Aurora Feint – Just got this one, Adam Hann loves it so it have to be good, something to do with breaking blocks.

The Bible – This App has multiple verses so I can finally have something other than the KJV

Box Office – not that I can afford to go the movies that often, it’s just nice knowing that if I was to go I’d know what was playing.

Exposure – links to my Flicker account, which mean I can show more pictures with more ease

Facebook – the basics of Internet relationship dynamics

Flashlight – get the one with the yellow light as it’s icon, it allows you to use different colors as your light!

iWant – you let it know what you want and it tells you where to go and get it!

More cowbell – enough said

iTunes remote – Another favorite of Adams – it controls your computers itunes, laziness wins once again!

Sudoku (free) – the word free is key, almost any game that is free is a good game

Twitterrific – stalking my friends has never been this easy!

WeatherBug – for those of us who like to see live satellite updates it’s a dream come true

But the best app by far was shown to me by the amazing John Wilkinson, the winner of this esteemed honor goes to none other than:

Shazam – Do you ever hear a song, wish you knew what it was call, well just pull out Shazam, put the phone near the source and with in seconds it will identify the song and (here’s the dangerous thing) link you to itunes so you can forever make this song your own.

2 comments:

Remnant Sons MC said...

i pegged you for an iphone guy the first time i met you.

Anonymous said...

dude, this is great. i finally updated my iphone to 2.0 (much more difficult to do when it is a cracked iphone for european use!).

thanks.