Wednesday, March 01, 2006

we're having a baby ...


Well, we as in Pearl and I are not, but literally at any moment, with in the next 10 hours my sister will make me an uncle.

Now the Uncle’s role is important, and I feel like society has not given the uncle the amount of honor and recognition that is really needed. I mean, I know I didn't help make the baby, that would move me from the uncle role to the dad role and those roles must not combine, and I know I didn't carry the baby for 9 months, that would just not be natural, and I know I'm not responsible for either the mom or dad being on this plant, that's the grandparents role, but the uncle is still important and here is why. I was the one who picked on this future mom for the last 22 years, where would she be today with out having an annoying brother? I was the one who was forced to tag along on her dates in high school, I was the one who stood guard at the wedding giving my nod of approval as her and this outsider man married, I was the one who, well ... I guess my role is limited to the annoying baby brother, the pestering date tag alone, and the groomsman at the wedding. So the moral of all this rambling is that I'm sooo excited for my big sis who is becoming a Mom today, and I'm so thankful that she has an amazing husband to share her life and this new life with.

1 comment:

adam hann said...

Ahhh, yes...I see why the uncle has been overlooked. :) Congrats man!