Thursday, March 23, 2006

OEA's - gotta love um


In life I think we each have our different things that bring us an odd sense of joy. You know, those things that for some is boarder line torture but to others it’s euphoric. For example, the grandma who simple loves crossword puzzle, or like my own grandma 5000 piece puzzles; putting together a 5000 piece puzzle would kill me, I’d get tired, and end up forcing pieces in and ending up with a new rendition of Picasso’s art. Another example is the guy who just can’t get enough time sitting in the middle of the woods, boarder line freezing to death all for the hope of that “Golden Buck” walking in front of his line of sight. In the south it’s guys working hours on their truck so they can go mud bogging, up North it’s guys waxen skis so they can fall off the side of a mountain just a few seconds faster.

For my wife it’s scrap booking, working in the garden and running. All of these things she excels at. She’s very creative with her scrap booking and I enjoy being able to relive the past with her. She’s also wonderful with plants, she can make what I think is a dead stick bloom into a beautiful rose. She’s very tender and loving with her plants; just a word of advice, as you guys visit the house watch were you step, that so call blade of grass my really be a soon-to-be flower, and believe me she knows where their at. She’s also a good runner. Much more dedicated then I am, she seems to simply enjoy the freedom she feels, for me I simply feel the pain of my body screaming “Matt you weigh 250 pounds what in the world are you trying to do to me.” I really love my wife, over the last day I’ve been reminded of how wonderful she is and how deeply blessed I am to share life with her.

And now it’s time for me to share with you my odd euphoric activities (OEA). I think I have a couple. One being a good cup of coffee while sitting in a favorite chair in a peaceful environment, if there’s snow falling or a nice rain it makes it all that much nicer. Another one of my OEA’s is cutting grass or working with my chain saw. There’s something about knowing you’ve done a good days work. Is it the rush of testosterone you get as you man-handle a large oak, making it move as you desire, or the sense of pride you feel as you deeply inhale the smell of fresh cut grass with that slight hint of gas as you reflect on the beautifully trimmed yard, with parallel lines, nicely edge sidewalks, and blown drive way? My last OEA is road biking. This is a OEA from high school that over the last years I’d slipped away from, but over the past few months have rediscovered. This morning I went for a wonderful ride, cruising the roads feeling thankful for the ability to ride and also enjoying the amazing landscape that we live in here in PA.

Well, this blog has yet again became a rather length on, so to those who have finished reading, thanks, and I hope this weekend God blesses you with the chance to enjoy some of your OEA’s.

1 comment:

adam hann said...

I need to figure out my OEA'S.