Friday, March 28, 2008

Fence...

Pearl and I have been furiously working on a fence for our backyard, thus one of the main reasons way I have not blogged in a while. We are both really excited about how it’s turning out and surprised that we, 2 kids who have never really built anything, have built a fence that has stood straight and strong for 5 days so far.

This may be presumptuous and a little arrogant, but I’ll say it anyway. We feel like we are making our street better, which was a huge reason we wanted to move into the city to begin with. This silly fence has allowed us to talk with both our neighbors a ton more than normal, and I feel like they are now not only trying to make their house and yards look a little better but I hope they are seeing some reflections of who God is in how we live and love others. I know it’s only a fence, but I feel like it’ strengthening our relationship with those around us.

Here's some pics...




3 comments:

Cognitive Dissonance said...

Looks great!

adam hann said...

I'd be proud of that fence!

Anonymous said...

Your fence looks great! And that's coming from someone who has built a few things.. ;)