Saturday, August 18, 2007

hands, feet, life?

The young adult ministry that I am apart of is doing a series in the fall about social injustice, and our need to be restoring the world and being active in bring God's kingdom here. I heard Bono say that "Africa is sexy” basically that it's now pop culture to care for Africa and the aids issue, but the need is more then just pop culture, it is God given. If we are to be the hands and feet of Christ, what are my hands and feet doing? It's one thing to spend a buck and get a ONE bracelet; it's other to say how do I love my neighbor? The kids in the city school who's parents are crap? The single mom down the street? God has called us to love and to be known by our love, but I'm often more known by my mouth then my hands, my sweat, my time. I believe that redemption lives in us, because God resides in us, so we can be vessels of redemption, hope, restoration. I'm just trying to figure out what baby steps I personally can take, and what steps can I make available to those in my faith community. So we cannot only wear a bracket, but also a tool belt or whatever the need may call for.

1 comment:

p said...

wow, thanks for sharing your thoughts. they're beautiful. i love you!

on anoher note, do you know if jeff has a blog?