Saturday, December 11, 2010

some thoughts

It's been one amazing of a year!

Here's a recap.
- A year ago we were merging our photography studio into Jeremy Hess' studio. The game plan was to do full-time photography, full-time grad school, and volunteer significantly at LCBC.

- In February LCBC invited me to come back on staff in a part-time support role instead of just volunteering. I originally started doing photography because I wanted to be able to be the owner of my time at a greater level so that I could be as involved as I desired with the church, I was really excited to join the team again!

- We booked lots and lots of weddings for 2010

- LCBC offered me a full-time role of overseeing the launch of the Lancaster City campus' Student ministry.

- Pearl and I talked and prayed a lot about this. Wrestled with lots of questions. We felt good about approaching Jeremy about me leaving the studio and going back to LCBC.

- Jeremy and I talked and prayed... we wrestled through more questions, we finally felt good about me moving back to the church and leaving the studio.

- I went full time with LCBC, I cried when I when back, I was so very happy to be back!

- We photographed all our booked weddings (for a total of 24 in 2010)

- Pearl and I still did full-time grad school

- We cut all extras out of our life when wedding season started, including blogging and other fun stuff.

- We launched Student ministry at the city campus, remodeled an old nasty office space into a sweet room, gathered amazing leaders, and started a wild adventure with some amazing students.

- We were really, really, really, busy! Like very unhealthy let's just fight for our sanity and marriage busy.

- We finished all the weddings, which were all wonderful and so much fun.

- We made it through our classes, with even ok grades in most.

- We're finally slowing down for the holidays (release deep sigh of relief here).

- I am loving being back at LCBC and with the student ministry team!

- We're looking forward to finishing our MDiv degrees this coming summer.

- We're looking forward to photographing only a few weddings and not totally stressing ourselves out in 2011 (we've already booked 4 and are hoping to do around 8)

- We're looking forward to seeing the Lancaster City campus turn 1 year old and to hear more stories of God changing lives and healing hearts.

- We had a really fun Student ministry team party last night

- I updated my blog and remembered how much I loved writing and processing here.

- I made a video of last night's party.

- I posted the video

- I'm now going to make myself lunch.

Enjoy!

No comments: