Monday, February 22, 2010

Cheese, lots & lots of cheese

So last Monday I, was asked to so something I’ve never done before. I was invited by S. Clyde Weaver to their newest store on Lititz Pike (next to the CVS and the Golden triangle) to photograph the largest wheel of cheese I have ever lad my eyes on. They had given me a heads up that they would have a cheese display set up so they could have a staff photo taken around for some up coming marketing they are doing. For whatever reason all I could picture in my head was a dinky little plastic tray with tiny little blocks of yellow, white and speckled cheese neatly nestled on it. Well, all I’ve got to say is they totally blew my expectations out of the water, they had every kind of cheese known to man on hand, as well as some of the best looking meat cuts I’ve lad my eyes one, and did I mention I’m a huge fan of cheese and they had lots of cheese. But the piece that won my heart was the 200 pound massive block that held centered stage in arrangement. It was beautiful I say, simple beautiful.

After I mastered my appetite we got to work and created some fun images of their staff and leadership, as well as some glorious looking cheese.

I give them two thumbs up, and look forward to moving some of these cheeses from a photograph to my fridge.

Happy Monday!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

1 comment:

chris horton said...

The owners are friends of my parents in Landisville. When my dad died 8 yrs. ago they supplied all the cheese and lunch meat for everyone!

When we lived in Lanc. MJ and I went to the Manhiem Pike store all the time for coffee and such. Awsome people!

On a side note,ANYTHING you want to try there in the store they will let you sample BEFORE you buy! Cool,huh?

CIII