Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Pictures, pictures, pictures - I love pictures!

Have I said lately I love taking pictures. Really, I do! There's something about walking around with a friend, wither you just meet and are now instant friends (just add coffee and a camera and poof instant friends) or a life-long-pinky-swearing-hug-given-tough-truth-thick-and-thin-bad-days-great days-know-you're-honest-thoughts-about-them-and-life friend, you all know what I'm talking about and you've got that persons picture in your head right now.

Well, I love walking with a friend and Camera and then like Christmas sitting down at my computer to see what is now stored for a life time to be shared, laughed at, and cherished.

So like all little kids, here's my favorite Christmas gifts from two recent senior portraits I hope you enjoy.



Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Today I feel old... Why? Because it has already been 2 years since I boarded a plane headed to the Czech Republic with a diverse yet amazing group of high school students... the youngest of which was a shy curly haired kid named Dakota, who I keep wanting to call Montana. Well Dakota still has curly hair but he's no longer a kid. We met a few weeks ago at Prince Street Cafe in Lancaster city (great cafe!) to capture his senior pictures. We walked around the city and then took a ride in his monster truck to a local farm where he "turned country" and switched out his converse shoes for work boots. Dakota is one of the most humble, sincere and trustworthy young men I have ever encountered. In fact he is so trustworthy that when I was boarding a plane to come home from Czech he was boarding a train to travel with another student for a couple of weeks by themselves. Here's a few of my personal favorites, I feel like they capture Dakota and the gentle great guy he is.



Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
The sky grew dark as the afternoon approached and as the clocked ticked time for Abbey, Joy, Pearl and I to start what was hoped to be a delightful senior portrait session the sky opened up and literally buckets of rain, hail, and thunder flooded from the sky. Well, let's just say the clouds finally broke and a warm sun kissed the horizon and beautiful pictures of one of the sweetest High School seniors I know filled my camera. The four of us had loads of fun trumping around the City, train station, and one amazing old bridge. So here's a few of our favorites pictures, hope you enjoy

No comments: