Saturday, April 05, 2008

work here we come...

First of all, I love road biking, but it’s completely not apart of my rhythms, so it becomes something I love, yet never do.

Second, I love to play with Pearl, now before you think I’m talking dirty, I literary mean play, as in having fun, goofing off, enjoying each other, Goosh I give up, you know what I mean and the more I type the worse this gets.

Third, Pearl and I have been wanting to exercise more

Forth, we want to do our part in being green

Fifth, we would love to save some gas money.

So with all those factors combined we are going to try and bike to work 4 times a week. Well not really 4 full times, so let me explain, we’ll drive the car in on Monday morning, taking the bikes with us and then bike home that afternoon leaving the car at the office. Then Tuesday morning bike back into work and drive home that evening, then repeating Thursday and Friday. We’ve worked things out so we will have the car on the evenings we need one and so we’ll have it for the weekend as well.

We’ve got several friends who are betting against us, saying we’ll not make it more than a week. Hopefully we can prove them wrong.

But we’re not off to a good start so far, we’ve done the trip twice and the first time I had a flat and the second Pearl did, and did I mention that it was 39 degrees and misting.

So the moral of all this is, if you see two road bikers sitting on the road next to yellow and white bikes, please oh please stop offer them a ride home.

And yes moms we are wearing our helmets.

1 comment:

chris horton said...

Cool Beans! I'll root for you both.

Prove the Sloths wrong.